County Championship Meet
This is a meet in which all teams in Fulton County participate as well as other ASA league members. The meet is held at the Georgia Tech Pool. Participation in the meet is optional however we strongly encourage families to participate if available. It is a great way for your swimmers to get a glimpse in to competitive swimming and it gives them a chance to swim in the 1996 Olympic Pool at Georgia Tech.
2021 ASA Championship Meet Info
All swimmers are invited to attend. Due to Covid restrictions at GA Tech, there are some very important things to note about this year's meet.
1) Coach line up is due by Sunday June 13th. If we have enough interest via this survey, we will be sending out a meet sign up on Wednesday June 9th and you will need to sign up Saturday June 12th at NOON order to allow time for the line up to be created. No late entries will be allowed.
2) The meet will be a timed final format - this means only one session. No prelims/finals this year. We will not get our session assigned until after entries are submitted. Session date will likely be either Friday June 26 or Saturday June 27. Could be morning (9am start) or afternoon session (3:30pm start) either day. We will not know session date and time until Monday June 14th at the earliest.
3) Meet entry fees are $40/swimmer (non-refundable) - due to our small team size this year (and the increased entry fee) it is unlikely the team will be able to absorb 100% of this fee. Families interested in attending the championship meet will be asked to pay for 50% of the fee and payment must be made at the time of meet sign up and no later than Saturday June 12th at NOON. More info will be shared on how to make payment if there is enough team interest in participating in this meet.
4) Due to capacity limitations currently in place at the Campus Recreation Center, spectators will likely not be able to attend this year's meet. However the meet will be live streamed for free. This means you will not be allowed to enter the aquatic center with your child/children. We will only be allowed 1 parent helper per every 8 swimmers attending and only 1 coach is allowed on the pool deck so it is very important you understand this when answering the questions below.
5) Max number of entries per swimmer is 2 individual and 2 relay events.
6) In order to participate on the COAST team (City of Alpharetta State team) in July, your swimmer must qualify at the ASA championship meet. More information about COAST can be found on the home page of our team website.